An increasing scope of medical information and its initiation of new branches, a high expectation of individuals to solve problems and deal with incurable diseases , and due to the fact that Otorhinolaryngology field is one the most basic needs of our society , since majority of people who seek for medical advice in general practitioner’s clinics followed after internists are those involved in Otorhinolaryngologist ; in recent years ,there has been a significant progress in this field and it led into expansion of related branches such as ,Otology, neurology, head and neck surgery, rhinology,sinus endoscopy, jaw and face,laryngology,pediatric otorhinolaryngology.
Technology advancement, on one hand, and implementation of functional surgery and improvements in surgery techniques in this field ,on the other hand, empowered the experts and made a substantial progress in quality and quantity of lives of the patients. It is crystal clear that the necessity of research and production of science to achieve goals and increasing progress is felt. To aim this goal otorhinolaryngology Center has established and started up and it has already achieves some goals, as followed, in this respect.
The goals of the center
Taking full advantage of expert workforce powers and existing facilities to make grounds in order to do (mainstream) research projects in otorhinolaryngology Center.
- Providing maximum coordination and collaboration for research activities.
- Presenting necessary training for academic faculty members and students in research fields.
- Providing facilities for academic faculty members to participate in research workshops and training courses.
- Supporting research training workshops.
- Providing joint research activities with other faculties and centers.
- Initiation of more facilities in order to hold scientific plans such as seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Facilitation, expansion, and setting up standards for research activities.
- A structural reform of otorhinolaryngology department in order to reach quality and quantity research standards.
- An increase in quality and quantity of research papers in regional, national and international levels.
- Expansion of applicable researches and implementation of research outcomes.
- Absorbing research grants from infra-organizational centers.
- Increasing research plans amongest groups based on research priorities of the facualty.
- Identification of research center in national and regional levels due to pioneer projects in otorhinolaryngology.
- Per capita Progress in article publishing in credible magazines by members of the scientific board.
- Development in educational quality researches and encouraging students and professors in so doing.
- Increasing participation of clinical assistance in order to do joint projects with the faculty professors.
- Facilitating of access to new research findings for board members , students , and clinical colleagues in order to perform the best services.
Center empowerments in order to collaborate with the other research and industrial centers in the country
- Screening noisy factories and industrial centers from the auditory disorder view point
- Readiness to collaborate with Neuro Surgery Center (skull based damages),orbit (sinus damages) and facial and mandible centers(related to maxillofacial tumor damages).
- Collaboration with the other pediatric specialty Center within ENT common basis.